Many people are uncomfortable talking about the future. It can be frightening and emotional talking about and planning in the event of an incapacitating illness, serious injury or death. At the Law Offices of Bonnie M. Benson, P.A., we understand how difficult this can be. Let our experienced estate planning and trusts lawyers guide you in your decision-making with skill and compassion.
Establishing Trusts For Delaware Individuals And Families Since 1983
Our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined legal experience helping clients with their estate planning needs. Comprehensive estate plans usually include a number of legal documents such as health care directives in the event of incapacitation, wills and powers of attorney for financial matters.
A trust is equally important for you and your family, if not more so. Trusts offer many benefits, including:
- Transferring assets quickly to beneficiaries after a death
- Minimizing estate taxes and the cost of probate so more money is kept in your family
- Avoiding probate altogether
- Maintaining your privacy about the kinds of assets you have and where they are going
Tell us your goals, and we will create a trust that is tailored to your specific needs and desires. You can decide to privately gift a large portion of your assets to a charitable organization or someone unrelated to you. You may wish to have your estate proceeds distributed over many years so your children don’t spend their inheritances quickly.
Our lawyers will educate you about your options and skillfully help you choose a trust that is best for your circumstances. Some options include:
- Special needs trusts, which provide continued care for adults with special needs
- Qualified income trusts — called Miller trusts — preserving assets without compromising rights to Medicaid benefits
- Revocable living trusts, which can be revised at any time during your life
- Irrevocable trusts for tax planning, investment or education purposes
- Life insurance trusts
Call Now For Caring, Understanding And Affordable Legal Assistance
Contact the Law Offices of Bonnie M. Benson, P.A., online or call us at 302-644-7181 in Lewes or at 302-697-4900 in Camden to learn about your choices in a comfortable and supportive setting. Most of our services are available on a flat-rate basis, and we accept credit cards.